You aren’t required to prepare anything before you talk with an ombudsperson, but you may find it helpful to gather your thoughts—in writing or otherwise—so you can best express your concerns.
Some questions that may help you focus your thoughts:
- What is the situation you want to address or improve?
- Who else is impacted by this situation?
- What do you hope will happen? What do you fear will happen?
- Is there anything you have already done to address this situation?
- What internal or external barriers are preventing you from addressing this situation?